Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang isn’t the only member of Borussia Dortmund that Real Madrid are trailing, at least that is what the German club’s general director, Hans-Joachim Watzke, revealed on Saturday.
Speaking to German TV channel ZDF, Watzke assured that Madrid have been keeping an eye on Dortmund’s highly-rated young coach, Thomas Tuchel, as a possible face for the future.
"I believe Real Madrid are tracking him"
“I have a good relationship with Real Madrid and I believe that they are tracking him. After the season Thomas had with us, Real have taken account of what a first class coach we have,” said Watzke, who’s evidently well aware that Tuchel has begun to make big clubs sit up and take notice since he took over from Jurgen Klopp last year.
Dortmund want to renew the 43-year old’s contract, but are conscious of the fact one of Europe’s top sides could one day come calling, something which Watzke recognised.
“Thomas is still very young, and on the contrary to a player who’s 28 or 29, he could go to Real Madrid, for example, in the next 20 years.”
"If Madrid want Aubameyang, we’ll talk"
Last week, Watzke also refused to rule out their star player, Aubameyang, joining Los Blancos. “If Madrid want Aubameyang, we’ll talk,” said the director.
Recommended in English
- SOCIAL SECURITY What should I do if I lose my Social Security card?
- UNITED STATES Martin Luther King, Jr Day: is it national holiday? Why is it celebrated today? Origin & meaning
- MARTIN LUTHER KING JR DAY Supermarkets opening hours on Martin Luther King Jr Day: Walmart, Costco, Target...
- Martin Luther King Day 2021 Banks opening hours on Martin Luther King Jr Day: Chase, Wells Fargo, Citibank
- NFL Buccaneers injuries: Wirfs out with sprained ankle
- NFL The Cowboys lose to the 49ers on a bizarre final play