Since Casemiro's absence Madrid have conceded in every game
Real Madrid have conceded eleven goals in the eight games coinciding with the Brazilian player missing for Zidane's side.
Despite being on top of the LaLiga table, Real Madrid are still displaying a certain defensive vulnerability.
The absence of Casemiro seems to have a major factor in this situation and in every game where the defensive midfielder is missing Real Madrid have conceded: Osasuna (2 goals), Borussia Dortmund (2), Villarreal (1), Las Palmas (2), Eibar (1), Betis (1), Legia Warsaw (1) and Athletic (1) (an average of 1.4 goal per game). By contrast, in the five games when the Brazilian has played this season, opposition sides managed to find the back of the net on just four goals (an average of 0,8 goals per match).
Light at the end of the tunnel for Casemiro
Casemiro is on the road to recovery since his fibula fracture sustained in the game away to Espanyol on September 18. It's hoped that the player can form part of Zidane's squad for the last ever Madrid derby to be held at the Calderon on November 19.
Te recomendamos en English
- Messi hat-trick a good way to celebrate Ballon d'Or – Barca boss Valverde
- Barcelona's Luis Suarez: Best goal of my career
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Zidane has four options to fill left-back vacancy against Valencia
- BARCELONA Barcelona president agrees "three years could be enough for Valverde"
- PREMIER LEAGUE Liverpool's Sadio Mané proud of Ballon d'Or recognition
- SERIE A Inter boss Conte: Fans must support, not whistle us