Since Casemiro's absence Madrid have conceded in every game
Real Madrid have conceded eleven goals in the eight games coinciding with the Brazilian player missing for Zidane's side.
Despite being on top of the LaLiga table, Real Madrid are still displaying a certain defensive vulnerability.
The absence of Casemiro seems to have a major factor in this situation and in every game where the defensive midfielder is missing Real Madrid have conceded: Osasuna (2 goals), Borussia Dortmund (2), Villarreal (1), Las Palmas (2), Eibar (1), Betis (1), Legia Warsaw (1) and Athletic (1) (an average of 1.4 goal per game). By contrast, in the five games when the Brazilian has played this season, opposition sides managed to find the back of the net on just four goals (an average of 0,8 goals per match).
Light at the end of the tunnel for Casemiro
Casemiro is on the road to recovery since his fibula fracture sustained in the game away to Espanyol on September 18. It's hoped that the player can form part of Zidane's squad for the last ever Madrid derby to be held at the Calderon on November 19.
Te recomendamos en English
- ENTERTAINMENT | HALLOWEEN MOVIES How to watch all Michael Myer's Halloween movies in order and where to find them
- NFL Who's left for Rodgers after Adams, Lazard out due to COVID
- SOCCER | LALIGA Ancelotti hits out Barca fans who showed Koeman 'a lack of respect'
- MLB Braves and Astros finalize roster ahead of World Series Game 1
- CORONAVIRUS | COVID-19 VACCINES Pfizer vaccine recommended for children 5 - 11; when could young children get vaccinated?
- Best haunted houses in Texas, Illinois, Michigan: corn mazes, asylums, and car washes