Gayà out for three weeks
Tests revealed a microtear to the full-back's right hamstring. He will miss the league games against Deportivo and Celta.
Valencia will be without defender José Luis Gayà for their next two league games after tests conducted on the player's right hamstring this morning revealed a small tear - an injury he picked up in the second half of Saturday's meeting with Barcelona.
The club has yet to issue a medical update but early indications suggest he will be sidelined for approximately three weeks. He will miss Valencia's two forthcoming trips to Galicia when they face Deportivo then Celta.
Gayà will also struggle to return in time to play for Spain's Under-21s who take on Austria in a two-legged Play-Offs for Euro 2017 Poland on 11 and 15 November.
Te recomendamos en English
- BOXING Anthony Joshua vs Oleksandr Usyk: boxers’ predictions
- LAVER CUP 2021 Laver Cup 2021 schedule: matches, rounds, dates & times
- PREMIER LEAGUE The Man City middle muddle: Can Guardiola get it right to stop a fourth straight defeat to Chelsea?
- NFL Odell Beckham Jr. close to return for Cleveland Browns
- NFL New York Giants' Nick Gates in good spirits while facing an uncertain future
- NFL New York Jets' Zach Wilson reflects on his disastrous 'four interceptions' game