Napoli ultras adopt 12-year-old boy suffering from cancer
Young football fan Alessio was invited to lead the ultras in their match chants during the match between Napoli and Empoli on Wednesday
Last Wednesday’s match between Napoli and Empoli at the San Paolo won’t be remembered just for the home side’s 2-0 victory. Napoli’s stadium is one of few that has ultras in more than one stand and in the Curva B during the game their number was swelled by a special guest: Alessio, a 12-year-old football fan who is battling cancer.
"Alessio started up a chant and everybody went mad"
The Diamo Una Mano: volontariato a 360º charity association, organized the occasion for Alessio, who was able to realize a life-time dream: to be a leader of the Azzurri’s die-hard ultras fan group. “The ultras really made us feel welcome,” the association wrote on its Facebook page. “Alessio started up a chant and everybody went mad. We wept with emotion when the curva gave him the gift of such a happy moment after so much suffering.”
"Go and win your game"
The videos and photos of the evening have gone viral in Italy and many fans outside the stadium before and after the match wanted to meet Alessio, who is also going to meet the players in the next few days. The ultras left Alessio with a touching message: “Today you were in charge of the Curva B. Now go and win your game!”
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Third stimulus check updates today: when it's coming, $1400 payments, IRS tax refund, House vote | Live
- Coronavirus Coronavirus US: are current vaccines effective against the Californian strain?
- Coronavirus Can unemployed Americans who refuse a job apply for unemployment benefits?
- Coronavirus Stimulus Checks Third stimulus check: how many votes are needed to pass the relief bill?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Third stimulus check calculator: how much could you receive?
- US POLITICS Will Mitch McConnell support Trump's possible candidacy in 2024?