Napoli ultras adopt 12-year-old boy suffering from cancer
Young football fan Alessio was invited to lead the ultras in their match chants during the match between Napoli and Empoli on Wednesday
Last Wednesday’s match between Napoli and Empoli at the San Paolo won’t be remembered just for the home side’s 2-0 victory. Napoli’s stadium is one of few that has ultras in more than one stand and in the Curva B during the game their number was swelled by a special guest: Alessio, a 12-year-old football fan who is battling cancer.
"Alessio started up a chant and everybody went mad"
The Diamo Una Mano: volontariato a 360º charity association, organized the occasion for Alessio, who was able to realize a life-time dream: to be a leader of the Azzurri’s die-hard ultras fan group. “The ultras really made us feel welcome,” the association wrote on its Facebook page. “Alessio started up a chant and everybody went mad. We wept with emotion when the curva gave him the gift of such a happy moment after so much suffering.”
"Go and win your game"
The videos and photos of the evening have gone viral in Italy and many fans outside the stadium before and after the match wanted to meet Alessio, who is also going to meet the players in the next few days. The ultras left Alessio with a touching message: “Today you were in charge of the Curva B. Now go and win your game!”
Te recomendamos en English
- PREMIER LEAGUE Liverpool's Van Dijk: "We don't feel unbeatable"
- BARCELONA Barcelona sign Brazilian right-back Yan Couto
- SERIE A Pioli pleased as AC Milan dig deep for win against Brescia
- SERIE A Paulo Dybala admits he was close to leaving Juventus
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Eden Hazard has sights set on returning for the Madrid derby
- BARCELONA Barcelona: Setien admits he got a huge fright in Ibiza