Casillas: "I want to stay at Porto for many years to come"
"It’s my intention to stay here for a long time and to stay involved with Porto," the former Real Madrid keeper, who has made 53 appearances, said.
Follow Porto vs Juventus match coverage | Champions League
Iker Casillas has admitted that his debut season at FC Porto was far from ideal and that it took him a while to adapt to a new side and new league, but the former Real Madrid keeper now hopes to stay at the Estádio do Dragão for “a long time.”
Casillas "very happy at the club and in the city"
“It’s my intention to stay here for a long time and to stay involved with Porto,” Casillas said during a web chat with fans, adding that he is “very happy at the club and in the city and more integrated in the country.”
Casillas also said that he feels he is playing “better and better” for the Portuguese giants, for whom he has now made 53 appearances.
Casillas has already demonstrated his willingness to continue at the club. His original contract ran until 2017 but when Porto president Jorge Nuno Pinta da Costa offered him a one-year extension he signed it immediately.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021: summary, results and medal count - 29 July
- GOLD CUP Mexico vs Canada, Gold Cup semi-final: how to watch - times, TV, online
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 medal count updates: who has won more? Tally by country, today, 29 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES | GYMNASTICS Simone Biles suffers twisties: What are they? How do they affect gymnasts?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | BASKETBALL Tokyo Olympics: Luka Doncic 'dominating the Games like no player in 30 years'
- OLYMPIC GAMES Golfer McIlroy praises Biles and Osaka for raising mental health awareness