Coco Crisp only joined the Cleveland Indians in the final weeks of the Major League Baseball season but his playoff contributions have the team halfway to a World Series crown.
The 36-year-old outfielder came off the bench for a pinch-hit single that scored Michael Martinez from third base with the winning run in the seventh inning as Cleveland beat the Chicago Cubs 1-0 Friday, spoiling the first World Series game at Wrigley Field since 1945 for many of those in the stands
The Indians, seeking their first World Series title since 1948, took a 2-1 lead in the best-of-seven final over the Cubs, who are trying to win their first crown since 1908 to end America's record longest sports title drought.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS How can I register to vote in New Jersey?
- USMNT Christian Pulisic is ‘really suffering’ after ankle injury setbacks
- MLS Landon Donovan rejects the Real Salt Lake managerial job
- SOCCER Barcelona close to agreeing new Ansu Fati contract - Koeman
- NBA Milwaukee Bucks 21/22: roster, new signings, cuts and trades
- NBA Los Angeles Lakers 21/22: roster, new signings, cuts and trades