Jesús Vallejo's Real Madrid ambition: "I think about it everyday"
The young Real Madrid defender who's been winning plaudits on loan at Eintracht Frankfurt has said he's working as hard as he can to break into Los Blancos' squad next season.
Jesús Vallejo is having a great season so far on loan from Real Madrid to Eintracht Frankfurt, with the defender working hard to prove a name himself in the Bundesliga and ultimately earn a place in Los Blancos’ squad for next year.
"I want to win everything I can"
“I would love to. I think about it every day,” said the 19-year central defender when asked about his ambition to play at Real Madrid on the weekend. “I have to enjoy myself here and perform. If in the end we do good work here and everything goes well then I’ll leave stronger. I want to play as many minutes and win everything I can,” he told Ondacero.
Vallejo also played down the praise handed to him by his manager, Niko Kovac, last week in which the former Bayern Munich midefielder said: “I’ve never seen a player like him, not as a coach or as a player. He’s ridiculously good.”
“I’ve heard [those comments],” said Vallejo, “But they are exaggerated by the boss. Those type of comments just help me get better.”
Recommended in English
- GLOBAL NEWS How much money has baby shark made?
- ALFREDO RELAÑO Francisco Gento, ‘The Gale of the Cantabrian Sea’
- NFL Seahawks fire defensive coordinator Ken Norton Jr.
- NFL Joe Burrow: Winning playoff games the standard to meet for the Bengals
- NFL What is Aaron Rodgers' record against the 49ers?
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid's big question: how to fit Erling Haaland and Kylian Mbappé into the same team