Dortmund drop Aubameyang for partying in Italy
The Daily Mirror report that Dortmund decided to punish Aubameyang after discovering that the 27-year old made an unsanctioned trip to Italy on Monday to attend a party near MilanSweden-Italy live online: World Cup 2018 qualifier, first leg
Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang was dropped from Borussia Dortmund’s Champions League squad on Wednesday night for the game against Sporting Lisbon owing to disciplinary reasons.
Unsanctioned trip to Italy
While Dortmund would only cite an “internal issue” as the reason for the forward’s absence, The Daily Mirror report that coach Thomas Tuchel made the decision to punish Aubameyang after discovering that the 27-year old made an unsanctioned trip to Italy on Monday to attend a party at the Hotel Villa Borghi in Varese, about 60 kilometers from Milan.
"I have nothing to say"
The player, who has been courted by the Real Madrid in recent months, watched from the stands as Dortmund beat Sporting team 1-0 and at the end of the match left the stadium with his brother in a Ferrari. "I have nothing to say," Aubameyang told Bild.
Back for Hamburg
Aubameyang’s punishment though will only be temporary. The club’s director Hans-Joachim Watzke confirmed after the game that he’ll “be back again on the weekend against Hamburg”.
Dortmund’s win on Wednesday put them two points clear at the top of Group F following Real Madrid’s slip up away to Legia Warsaw .
Te recomendamos en English
- US | CHILD TAX CREDIT Child Tax Credit October 2021 payment: what to do if I haven't received it?
- US NEWS | STIMULUS What is Fed tapering and how could it affect new stimulus check?
- WORLD NEWS La Palma volcano, live updates today: eruption, tsunami warning and latest news | Canary Islands
- LIGUE 1 Mbappé nets controversial late PSG winner against Angers
- SOCCER Transfer stories: Madrid target Lewandowski and Pogba as Barcelona eye Sterling
- PREMIER LEAGUE Liverpool's Salah on verge of more Premier League history