Cristiano Ronaldo could sign new contract on Monday
Real Madrid and Cristiano Ronaldo have secured an agreement to extend the player's contract until 2021. The news will be made official in the next few hours
Cristiano new contract agreed
Real Madrid and Cristiano Ronaldo have areached an agreement to amplify the player's contract by three seasons, taking him to June 2021. Under the terms of the new arrangement, Cristiano will also see his pay packet substantially raised.
Madrid will make the news official in the next few hours, probably following today's league meeting with Leganés. The club has planned for Cristiano to sign his new contract at an event at the Bernabéu tomorrow. In contrast to previous contract renewals, Madrid will be able to stage the event in the VIP lounge. Cristiano will be 36 years and 145 days when the new contract expires.
Pepe and Isco
The operation forms part of Real Madrid's recent policy of renewing the contracts of several first team squad players: Kroos, Modric, Lucas Vázquez, Bale... in the short term, only the contracts of Isco and Pepe remain to be reviewed - the centre-back will be able to start negotiating with other clubs from January and could leave on a free in June.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES How long is a marathon? How far is it in miles?
- Eviction moratorium extended: what's the new date and how many people will benefit?
- SOCCER Grealish: Man City sign Villa star in record Premier League deal
- Barcelona Where could Messi go next?
- OLYMPICS | BASKETBALL Durant and Team USA roll with the punches to bring gold closer
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021: what is Megan Rapinoe's net worth?