The French Football Federation (FFF) confirmed on Sunday that Antoine Griezmann has suffered bruising to the instep of his left foot and is set to return to Madrid - with just a week to go before Saturday's derby against Real Madrid.
Griezmann took a knock to his foot during Friday's 2-1 win over Sweden and was replaced by Kanté in the final minutes of the match. The striker will be assessed by club doctors on his return after having been ruled out of Tuesday's friendly against the Ivory Coast.
The FFF released a medical note on Griezmann's injury but the player will be examined by Atlético de Madrid's doctors. If the injury is just a bruise then the player is likely to play the derby although not without some discomfort if his foot remains swollen. The Frenchman has provided eight goals and five assists for Atleti in the league so far this season.
Te recomendamos en English
- 76ers and Doc Rivers want to convince Ben Simmons to stay amid trade talk
- MLB MLB round-up: Cardinals extend streak, Rays clinch playoff berth
- SCIENCE NEWS When will the Sun die?
- NFL Odell Beckham Jr. close to return for Cleveland Browns
- NFL New York Jets' Zach Wilson reflects on his disastrous 'four interceptions' game
- NFL New York Giants' Nick Gates in good spirits while facing an uncertain future