Cesc Fabregas will not be present at Wembley on Tuesday to support Spain as they face England.
The Chelsea midfielder – one of the casualties from the Spain squad since Julen Lopetegui took charge in the summer – has cited personal reasons for his absence after being invited by the Spanish Football Federation to the game as a guest.
Someone who has accepted the invite however is Gerard Pique. The Barça defender, who announced recently that he would retire from the national side in 2018, will be cheering on from the stands after missing out on a call-up due to injury.
Carzorla, Pedro, Adrian
Besides Pique, the federation has also invited Arsenal’s Santi Carzorla, West Ham keeper Adrián and Chelsea’s Pedro, as well as tennis stars Feliciano López, Marc López and Roberto Bautista, all of who have accepted and will be at Wembley.
Recommended in English
- Coronavirus Why did WHO skip letter Xi and name Omicron the new covid variant?
- NFL What is Dak Prescott contract with Dallas Cowboys? salary and duration
- US NEWS Shooting in Oxford, Michigan high school: how many victims and who is the suspect?
- Cowboys' Cooper 'not feeling the best' ahead of Saints game
- NFL Will Packers' Aaron Rodgers have surgery on injured toe?
- NFL How many members of the Dallas Cowboys got infected with covid? How long will they be out?