Lallana limps off injured as Liverpool dealt potential blow
The Liverpool playmaker had given England the lead against Spain in the international friendly at Wembley before the injury.
Adam Lallana was taken off after just 27 minutes of England's game against Spain after a tackle by Thiago as Liverpool fans and Jurgen Klopp sweat over the diagnosis of one of their star players in the coming hours and days.
The Liverpool attacker gave England the lead with a well-taken penalty after Jamie Vardy was hauled down by Pepe Reina but his evening was cut short just 18 minutes later.
3 - Adam Lallana has scored in each of his last 3 games for England after failing to find the net in his 26 before that. Blossom.— OptaJoe (@OptaJoe) 15 November 2016
Lallana has been in excellent form for club and country this year scoring three goals and assisting in five while playing in all 11 of the Reds' game so far in the Premier League. Klopp's side currently lead the league by a point and face Southampton away next weekend in a game that will test the German's side to the limit.
The former Southampton player has also score three times in his last three international games having failed to do so in the previous 25 games with his country.
Recommended in English
- MLB Why is the MLB close to a lockout? What are the key issues?
- NFL Where does the Dallas Cowboys - New York Giants team rivalry comes from?
- NFL Who has the biggest NFL rivalry?
- US NEWS What services are likely to stop during a government shutdown?
- SUPREME COURT ABORTION CASES Supreme Court on Roe v Wade live updates: arguments, Abortion Law, Mississippi...
- NFL Who are the 10 best Dallas Cowboy players of all time?