Griezmann on course to make derby
With the Frenchman completing Thursday's training session, Simeone has virtually a full squad available for Saturday's crunch match, with the exception of Augusto and Cerci.
After Thursday's training session, Simeone has a near-full squad to choose from for the upcoming Madrid derby (Saturday, 20:45 CET). The only exceptions are Augusto and Cerci, who are both ruled out through injury.
The South American contingent
The good news for 'El Cholo' was the unscathed return of Atlético's South American players from international duty. Giménez, Godín, Filipe Luis and Correa all joined up with their team-mates and all appear to fit and rearing to go.
Griezmann's green light
The other plus for Simeone was Griezmann's participation in the training session. The French striker trained with the rest of the Atlético squad without any signs of discomfort from the foot injury he picked up in France's game against Sweden last Friday. So far this season the Frenchman has scored eight goals and provided five assists for Atleti in the league, and his availability for Saturday's crunch match will be a huge boost for Los Rojiblancos.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL 49ers vs Eagles: San Francisco win 17-11 in gruelling game
- OTHER SPORTS Oleksandr Usyk vs Anthony Joshua: A fight for the ages
- WOMEN IN SPORTS Women athletes urge Supreme Court to protect abortion rights
- AFGHANISTAN Why are Afghan women judges in hiding in Afghanistan and how are they being protected?
- NFL Dolphins QB Tagovailoa “day-to-day” after Sunday’s rib injury
- NFL Detroit Lions 17 vs 35 Green Bay Packers summary: score, stats, highlights | NFL Week 2