WEIGHTLIFTING | LONDON 2012
Lydia Valentín finished fourth but now has Olympic 2012 gold
The Spanish weightlifter has seen her original fourth place in London change due to disqualifications of those ahead of her resulting in her finishing first.
From fourth to gold in four years
It has now been confirmed that the three athletes that finished on the podium at the London 2012 Olympic Games have been disqualified resulting in Spain's Lydia Valentín taken the gold medal.
Valentín took to Twitter to show her delight: "Yes!!!!! It's official that I am GOLD in London!!!! I'm counting the days until my medal arrives"
Si!!!!!! Ya es oficial que soy ORO en Londres 2012!!!!🎖🏋 Contando los días para que llegue mi medalla❤— Lydia Valentín Pérez (@lydikit) 21 de noviembre de 2016
Cleaning up the sport
The 75kg category in weightlifting over four years ago saw Valentín end in fourth position and she returned home without anything around her neck. But, in a sport that has seen an incredible amount of post-event disqualifications, Russia's Nataliya Zabolotnaya and Belarus' Iryna Kulesha (silver and bronze) have joined original gold medalist Svetlana Podobedova from Kazakhstan who had already been implicated.
Te recomendamos en English
- ENTERTAINMENT When is Adele's '30' album coming out? Where can I listen to it?
- NBA Best paid NBA players in 2021/22 season
- NFL Who plays Sunday Night Football tonight Week 6? | TV and times
- SOCCER Transfer stories: Newcastle's new owners consider move for Erling Haaland
- SOCCER | PREMIER LEAGUE "Salah has to experience Real Madrid"
- LALIGA SANTANDER Barcelona boosted as Agüero and Fati in squad for Valencia game