Isco stalling on new Real Madrid deal over playing time
Radio show El Larguero reports that the Spain midfielder is in the market for more playing time and wants assurances before extending his contract.
Isco is considering his future at Real Madrid. According to Spanish radio show El Larguero, the club has opened negotiations with the Spain midfielder but Isco is stalling on accepting an extended deal.
The issue is not a financial one, but stems from his role in the side. Isco is keen to gain reassurances about the amount of playing time he can expect to enjoy at the Bernabéu before he puts pen to paper. The Spain international has started eight of Real Madrid’s competitive matches so far this season but a raft of injuries has played a significant part in Zinedine Zidane’s selection policy to date.
Isco and Pepe renewals
Real Madrid in recent weeks have embarked on a slew of new deals for key players as the club faces a Fifa transfer ban and several new contracts have been handed out to tie down playing staff until at least 2019. After Toni Kroos, Luka Modric, Lucas Vázquez, Gareth Bale y Cristiano Ronaldo all extended their stays, only Pepe, Isco and third-choice keeper Rubén Yáñez have deals that expire before that date.
Pepe’s is the most urgent case, with the Portugal defender out of contract in June 2017 and he will be free to negotiate with other clubs in January if he does not renew before then. Both Isco and Yáñez are under contract until June 2018.
Te recomendamos en English
- US | CHILD TAX CREDIT Child Tax Credit October 2021 payment: what to do if I haven't received it?
- US NEWS | STIMULUS What is Fed tapering and how could it affect new stimulus check?
- WORLD NEWS La Palma volcano, live updates today: eruption, tsunami warning and latest news | Canary Islands
- LIGUE 1 Mbappé nets controversial late PSG winner against Angers
- SOCCER Transfer stories: Madrid target Lewandowski and Pogba as Barcelona eye Sterling
- PREMIER LEAGUE Liverpool's Salah on verge of more Premier League history