Madrid 'Juvenil' see off Sporting and secure place in next phase
Guti's side overcame Sporting through goals from Sergio Díaz, Manu Hernando and Franchu with an inspired performance from Luca Zidane in goal.
A draw would have been enough for Guti's Real Madrid Juvenil (U-19) side this afternoon in Lisbon but instead they offered a convincing performance in seeing off Sporting Clube (1-3) and mathematically secured their passage to the next stage of the 2016-17 UEFA Youth League.
An early opening goal from Paraguayan sensation Sergio Díaz calmed any early nerves at Alcochete despite early Sporting pressure with Djaló, Conté and Correia particularly dangerous for the home side.
After Braganza pulled a goal back for the home side in the 69th minute a goal that was an homage to the infamous Guti back heel in Riazor was replicated with Cobo feeding Franchu and the Argentine player fired home to extinguish any chance of a Sporting comeback.
Guti's young side march on to the next phase of the competition as group winners with just one regular Group F match outstanding (a home game vs. Dortmund in December).
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Does Medicaid cover dental? How can I find a clinic that accepts Medicaid?
- US NEWS Who controls gas prices in the United States? How can the price of gas go down?
- US NEWS Why are gas pricing increasing in October 2021?
- SOCIAL SECURITY How many numbers are in a Social Security Number?
- SOCCER Pelé moving 'closer to the goal' as Brazil great continues recovery
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE New setback for Atlético Madrid's Marcos Llorente