Lopetegui reveals his picks for The Best FIFA Football Awards
The Spain manager has apparent full faith in the state of the country’s football league, with all his selections for top three players and coaches plying their trade in LaLigaPachuca-Wydad Casablanca live: FIFA Club World Cup
In an interview with Spanish radio station, COPE, Spain coach Julen Lopetegui revealed the players and coaches that he voted for in The Best FIFA Football 2016 awards.
Messi, Ronaldo, Ramos
Barcelona striker Lionel Messi was the 45-year old’s choice for best player, with Lopetegui saying “I don’t know any other footballer like Messi. I haven’t seen, or do I think I’ll see anyone with this consistency again.”
With the mystery over his first pick solved, the Spanish manager then let his second and third choices be known. What’s not surprising is that Real Madrid’s Cristiano Ronaldo was Lopetegui’s backup selection, but his last election was perhaps not quite expected: Los Blancos captain Sergio Ramos.
Enrique, Zidane, Simeone
In respect to his choice for best coach, Lopetegui’s most preferred candidate was another Barça man, Luis Enrique, with whom he shared a dressing room during his time at the Catalan club. Second place was given to Real Madrid’s Zinedine Zidane and the third was Atletico coach Diego Simeone.
As Spain manager, it’s certainly noteworthy that Lopetegui has apparent full faith in the country’s football league, with all his picks plying their trade in LaLiga.
Follow the coverage match of World Cup 2018 qualifier : Spain vs Israel
Te recomendamos en English
- 2021 Halloween costume ideas for kids: Cruella, Squid Game, umbrella costumes and more...
- US NEWS What benefits can you get in California? Social security, unemployment, others...
- SOCCER | REAL MADRID Real Madrid on red alert for Manchester United's Paul Pogba
- EL CLÁSICO Barcelona vs Real Madrid: what is El Clásico's new logo?
- EL CLASICO Which player has scored the most goals in El Clásico history? All time top scorers
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS $2000 stimulus check for every American: how many people support the proposal? can it happen?