Atlético Madrid are monitoring Monaco midfielder Thomas Lemar, a versatile midfielder who is enjoying a great start to the season with seven goals and two assists so far despite being played on the wing by Leonardo Jardim instead of his usual position in the centre of midfield.
Atlético offer rebuffed
L’Equipe has reported that Atlético made an approach for Lemar in August, tabling a bid of 20 million euros for the 21-year-old France international.
35 million euros
Goal have now added that Atlético scouts are keep tabs on the player and have even suggested he could be a replacement for Antoine Griezmann if the striker decides to leave the club. However, Monaco are intent on picking up a fee of 35 million euros for Lemar, who will not lack other suitors after his eye-catching performances in Ligue 1 and the Champions League this season.
However, Monaco and Atlético maintain a friendly relationship after the Madrid side sold Radamel Falcao to the Ligue 1 club, who returned the favour by selling Yannick Carrasco to Atlético in 2015.
Te recomendamos en English
- 2021 Halloween costume ideas for kids: Cruella, Squid Game, umbrella costumes and more...
- US NEWS What benefits can you get in California? Social security, unemployment, others...
- SOCCER | REAL MADRID Real Madrid on red alert for Manchester United's Paul Pogba
- EL CLÁSICO Barcelona vs Real Madrid: what is El Clásico's new logo?
- EL CLASICO Which player has scored the most goals in El Clásico history? All time top scorers
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS $2000 stimulus check for every American: how many people support the proposal? can it happen?