No break for the Rojiblancos
Atlético Madrid have officially confirmed that they will play in a friendly match on 30 December 2016 at the King Abdullah Sports City against Al-Ittihad in Saudi Arabia.
Simeone and the squad will take advantage of the Christmas break in LaLiga calendar to embark on a rather long trip but one that is expected to bring with it significant financial benefits for the club.
The Madrid side with join the Saudi club for their ninetieth anniversary and will play in a stadium that boasts a capacity of 62,000. Al-Ittihad have won the Saudi league eight times and the Asian Champions League twice.
Te recomendamos en English
- EL CLÁSICO Barcelona vs Real Madrid possible starting line-ups
- SOCCER Barcelona's Piqué talks to El País about retirement, Messi, Clásico
- PREMIER LEAGUE Cristiano Ronaldo vows to silence critics and win trophies at Manchester United
- LIGUE 1 Marseille vs PSG: times, TV and how to watch online
- MLB Dodgers vs. Braves commentary, scores, stats and updates: Championship Series
- WORLD NEWS La Palma volcano, live updates today: eruption, tsunami warning and latest news | Canary Islands