Real Sociedad forgiving over disallowed goal error
The president of the Basque side along with key players were anxious not to point the finger at Gil Manzano for disallowing Juanmi's legitimate goal.
Real Sociedad president Jokin Aperribay and player's Carlos Vela, David Zurutuza and goalscorer Willian José all spoke to the media after the 1-1 drawn match at Anoeta against Barcelona. Each club representative upon being asked about Gil Manzano disallowing Juanmi's tap in following from Carlos Vela's shot which thundered off Ter Stegen's crossbar were anxious not to point the finger at the match official.
Sporting Real Sociedad
La Real president Aperribay claimed: It was such a quick move the referee wouldn't have had time to see the build-up".
Mexican international Carlos Vela stated: "These things are part of football, sometimes referees get it wrong. Sometimes a decision goes your way, this time it went against us".
La Real's David Zurutuza and Willian Jose were also careful not to point the finger at the official over the mistake with the midfielder claiming that the home side had enough chances during the discourse of the game to secure maximum points and refused to get hung up on the Gil Manzano error.
Well done La Real!
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021: summary, results and medal count - 29 July
- GOLD CUP Mexico vs Canada, Gold Cup semi-final: how to watch - times, TV, online
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 medal count updates: who has won more? Tally by country, today, 29 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES | GYMNASTICS Simone Biles suffers twisties: What are they? How do they affect gymnasts?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | BASKETBALL Tokyo Olympics: Luka Doncic 'dominating the Games like no player in 30 years'
- OLYMPIC GAMES Golfer McIlroy praises Biles and Osaka for raising mental health awareness