Real Madrid's Gareth Bale has undergone surgery in the United Kingdom on dislocated ankle tendons, the LaLiga club confirmed on Tuesday evening.
"Bale has successfully come through the operation"
In a statement on their official website, Real said: "Our player Gareth Bale has successfully come through the operation he underwent today after suffering an injury to the peroneal tendons in his right ankle.
"The operation was carried out at London's King Edward VII Hospital by Dr. James Calder and Real Madrid Sanitas' Dr. Mikel Aramberri, under the supervision of Dr. Jesús Olmo, head of Real Madrid's medical department."
Injured in Champions League victory
Bale suffered the injury in Los Blancos' Champions League win over Sporting CP a week ago, and is expected to be on the sidelines for around two to three months.
Recommended in English
- US NEWS Child tax credit 2022: why did families only receive payments for six months?
- NFL Five takeaways from NFL playoffs divisional round: Rodgers, Mahomes...
- NFL San Francisco 49ers vs LA Rams: schedule, TV channel and where to watch live the NFC Conference finals
- WORLD NEWS Earthquakes in Israel: what magnitude were they and what are the consequences?
- Barcelona Barcelona have one week to complete two signings
- NFL Tom Brady too upset about Bucs' playoff exit to consider future