Real Madrid's Gareth Bale has undergone surgery in the United Kingdom on dislocated ankle tendons, the LaLiga club confirmed on Tuesday evening.
"Bale has successfully come through the operation"
In a statement on their official website, Real said: "Our player Gareth Bale has successfully come through the operation he underwent today after suffering an injury to the peroneal tendons in his right ankle.
"The operation was carried out at London's King Edward VII Hospital by Dr. James Calder and Real Madrid Sanitas' Dr. Mikel Aramberri, under the supervision of Dr. Jesús Olmo, head of Real Madrid's medical department."
Injured in Champions League victory
Bale suffered the injury in Los Blancos' Champions League win over Sporting CP a week ago, and is expected to be on the sidelines for around two to three months.
Te recomendamos en English
- EMMY AWARDS What's the difference between an Emmy and an Oscar award?
- US NEWS Body found in Wyoming fits the description of missing 22-year-old Gabby Petito
- NFL Cleveland Browns safety Ronnie Harrison Jr. fined for a push
- NFL Kansas City Chiefs 35 vs Baltimore Ravens 36 summary: score, stats, and highlights | Week 2
- NFL The New Orleans Saints slump to defeat against Carolina Panthers
- NFL NY Jets QB Zach Wilson throws 4 interceptions in loss to Patriots