Real Madrid's Gareth Bale has undergone surgery in the United Kingdom on dislocated ankle tendons, the LaLiga club confirmed on Tuesday evening.
"Bale has successfully come through the operation"
In a statement on their official website, Real said: "Our player Gareth Bale has successfully come through the operation he underwent today after suffering an injury to the peroneal tendons in his right ankle.
"The operation was carried out at London's King Edward VII Hospital by Dr. James Calder and Real Madrid Sanitas' Dr. Mikel Aramberri, under the supervision of Dr. Jesús Olmo, head of Real Madrid's medical department."
Injured in Champions League victory
Bale suffered the injury in Los Blancos' Champions League win over Sporting CP a week ago, and is expected to be on the sidelines for around two to three months.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 medal count updates: who has won more? Tally by country, today, 30 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SOCCER USWNT: How many Olympic medals does Carli Lloyd have?
- MLB trade deadline Yankees get Rizzo from Cubs, Schwarber to Red Sox
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 schedule today, July 30: events, sports, times, and how to watch
- Tokyo Olympics: Fraser-Pryce dazzles but Ta Lou sets the standard in stunning women's sprint heats
- NBA Wizards reportedly trade Westbrook to LA Lakers in draft-night blockbuster