Toni Kroos a surprise inclusion in FIFA Club World Cup squad
The German midfielder has made a quicker-than-expected recovery from a fractured metatarsal and is included in Real Madrid's squad for the Club World Cup starting on 15 December. Venezuela-England live online: Final World Cup U20
Real Madrid have included injured duo Toni Kroos and Álvaro Morata in their FIFA Club World Cup squad.
Kroos' rapid progress
Kroos fractured a metatarsal in his right foot against Leganés last month, however the German has made rapid progress in his recuperation and could now be ready to participate in the competition, which starts for Real Madrid on 15 December in Japan.
Morata making recovery
Morata, meanwhile, was injured on duty with Spain in November after tearing his right hamstring, ruling him out for the Madrid Derby as well as Saturday’s El Clásico.
The one player who will definitely miss out on the tournament is Gareth Bale after undergoing surgery on his ankle in London on Wednesday.
Full FIFA Club World Cup squad:
Keylor Navas, Kiko Casilla, Rubén Yáñez; Carvajal, Nacho, Varane, Pepe, Sergio Ramos, Marcelo, Fabio Coentrao, Danilo; Kroos, Kovacic, Modric, Casemiro, Isco, James Rodríguez, Marco Asensio; Benzema, Morata, Cristiano Ronaldo, Lucas Vázquez, Mariano.
Te recomendamos en English
- Child Tax Credit Child Tax Credit 2021: when is the deadline to opt out from August payment?
- US NEWS What public pools are open in summer 2021 in Los Angeles?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021: summary, results and medal count - 28 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES Why is Russia called ROC at the 2021 Tokyo Olympics?
- CORONAVIRUS What are the new CDC mask guidelines for schools?
- OLYMPICS USA played with freedom in bounce-back Iran victory – Kevin Durant