Atlético Madrid have set their sights on Lyon winger Rachid Ghezzal, according to French daily L’Equipe. Algeria international Ghezzal, 24, is out of contact at the Parc Olympique Lyonnais next summer and Atlético are still hopeful that the Court of Arbitration for Sport will reduce the Fifa-imposed transfer ban from two windows to one, leaving the club free to add to their squad in June.
Ghezzal in demand
Last season, Ghezzal made 29 appearances for Lyon, scoring eight and assisting eight as Les Gones finished runners-up in Ligue 1. A series of injuries have hampered the player’s progression but several European clubs are interested in signing him, including Premier League side Everton. However, Lyon president Jean Michel Aulas has said that the club will offer Ghezzal “a very nice offer” to remain in France.
Atlético transfer ban
Ghezzal is a versatile forward who is comfortable on both feet and can also play behind the striker as a number 10. As of January 1, Ghezzal will be free to negotiate with other clubs. In the case that the CAS does not reduce Atlético’s transfer ban to one window, the club can still sign the player but he will not be able to play at the Calderón until January 2018.
Te recomendamos en English
- SOCCER Atlético Madrid: Trippier has his future mapped out
- NFL Buffalo Bills 31 vs Tennessee Titans 34 summary: score, stats, and highlights | NFL Week 6
- MLB Boston Red Sox annihilate Houston Astros in Game 3
- NFL NFL week 6 highlights: scores, updates, big wins and losses
- USMNT Gio Reyna could miss November international break
- NBA LeBron discusses injuries ahead of Lakers-Warriors clash