Antoine Griezmann can make history in the Allianz Arena when Atlético play Bayern Munich on Tuesday. The France striker has scored 12 Champions League goals for Atlético and can overtake Luis Aragonés, who hit the same number for the club in the old European Cup, if he finds the net in Munich.
In his first season at the Calderón, in 2014-15, Griezmann scored twice, in games against Olympiacos and Malmö.
Seven in 2015-16
Last season, the striker bagged seven and was instrumental in the side’s run to the final. He scored two against Galatasaray in Turkey and hit another brace against the same side in Madrid in the group stage. His other three were more significant: Griezmann scored twice against Barcelona in the quarter-finals and scored the goal, against Bayern Munich, that sent Atlético through to the final.
This season he has scored three times so far, twice against Rostov and another against PSV. Scoring against Bayern would be a much-needed shot in the arm for Griezmann, who has gone seven La Liga games without finding the net.
Te recomendamos en English
- EL CLÁSICO How many times has Barcelona won against Real Madrid without Messi?
- NFL Denver Broncos 14 vs Cleveland Browns 17 summary: score, highlights | NFL Week 7
- NFL Congress demands answers from the NFL about WFT investigation
- US NEWS How could Alec Baldwin have killed Halyna Hutchins with a prop firearm?
- NFL The NFL proposes a solution to its problem of 'race norming' in dementia settlements
- NFL NFL 21-22: What's the NFL record for most interceptions in a season?