Antoine Griezmann can make history in the Allianz Arena when Atlético play Bayern Munich on Tuesday. The France striker has scored 12 Champions League goals for Atlético and can overtake Luis Aragonés, who hit the same number for the club in the old European Cup, if he finds the net in Munich.
In his first season at the Calderón, in 2014-15, Griezmann scored twice, in games against Olympiacos and Malmö.
Seven in 2015-16
Last season, the striker bagged seven and was instrumental in the side’s run to the final. He scored two against Galatasaray in Turkey and hit another brace against the same side in Madrid in the group stage. His other three were more significant: Griezmann scored twice against Barcelona in the quarter-finals and scored the goal, against Bayern Munich, that sent Atlético through to the final.
This season he has scored three times so far, twice against Rostov and another against PSV. Scoring against Bayern would be a much-needed shot in the arm for Griezmann, who has gone seven La Liga games without finding the net.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: Child Tax Credit extension to 2025, new payment in California, unemployment benefits...
- Stimulus Checks Second $600 Golden State stimulus check: when will I receive it and how to track
- US NEWS California stimulus check: when will the payments arrive and who qualifies?
- PSG Lionel Messi's PSG contract details revealed
- Soccer Pele in hospital: daughter says he's recovering well
- MLB MLB results: Los Angeles Dodgers beaten by Cincinnati Reds