Antoine Griezmann can make history in the Allianz Arena when Atlético play Bayern Munich on Tuesday. The France striker has scored 12 Champions League goals for Atlético and can overtake Luis Aragonés, who hit the same number for the club in the old European Cup, if he finds the net in Munich.
In his first season at the Calderón, in 2014-15, Griezmann scored twice, in games against Olympiacos and Malmö.
Seven in 2015-16
Last season, the striker bagged seven and was instrumental in the side’s run to the final. He scored two against Galatasaray in Turkey and hit another brace against the same side in Madrid in the group stage. His other three were more significant: Griezmann scored twice against Barcelona in the quarter-finals and scored the goal, against Bayern Munich, that sent Atlético through to the final.
This season he has scored three times so far, twice against Rostov and another against PSV. Scoring against Bayern would be a much-needed shot in the arm for Griezmann, who has gone seven La Liga games without finding the net.
Recommended in English
- COVID-19 Covid Omicron variant live updates: symptoms, vaccines, travel ban, South African cases...
- COVID-19 Where has the new covid-19 Omicron variant been detected? What are the symptoms?
- BOXING How much money are Teofimo Lopez and George Kambosos making? How much does the winner get?
- Social Security When does COLA 2022 take effect in Social Security Benefits? How to calculate your amount
- NFL Buffalo Bills CB White out for rest of season with ACL tear
- SUPREME COURT ABORTION CASES What are the abortion laws in America? In what states is it illegal to have an abortion?