Champions League draw taking shape
Champions League Groups A, B, C and D are now done and dusted. Barcelona (Group C) and Atlético (Group D) already had their place in the next round secure as group winners, as did their rivals Manchester City and Bayern Munich as runners-up.
In Group A meanwhile, Arsenal beat Basel with a Lucas Pérez hat-trick, while PSG were taken aback by Ludogorets claiming a draw in Paris, meaning Arsene Wenger's side finish top of the group and the French outfit go into pot 2.
In Group B, Napoli beat Benfica while Besiktas were thumped by Dynamo Kiev. The result: Napoli win the group and Benfica are runners-up.
Champions League pot 1
The confirmed teams in pot 1:
Arsenal, Napoli, Atlético Madrid, Barcelona, Leicester City and Monaco.
Champions League pot 2
The confirmed teams in pot 2:
PSG, Benfica, Bayern Munich, Manchester City and Bayer Levekursen.
The runners up in Groups F, G and H will fill in the remaining spots.
If Real Madrid draw or lose on Wednesday against Borussia Dortmund they will finish second in their group and avoid PSG, Benfica, Bayern Munich, Manchester City, Dortmund, as well as Atlético and Barcelona (as teams from the same country).
Atlético and Barcelona
Atlético could face PSG, Benfica or Manchester City (along with the other yet to be confirmed runners up). Barcelona meanwhile could play the same sides, but with Bayern Munich in place of Manchester City.
Sevilla are not yet guaranteed to go through, but could do so in first or second place. If Juventus win, and Sevilla don't lose by more than a goal against Lyon, they'll be certain of second spot, which would also see them avoid many of the big names.
Te recomendamos en English
- 2021 Halloween costume ideas for kids: Cruella, Squid Game, umbrella costumes and more...
- US NEWS What benefits can you get in California? Social security, unemployment, others...
- SOCCER | REAL MADRID Real Madrid on red alert for Manchester United's Paul Pogba
- EL CLÁSICO Barcelona vs Real Madrid: what is El Clásico's new logo?
- EL CLASICO Which player has scored the most goals in El Clásico history? All time top scorers
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS $2000 stimulus check for every American: how many people support the proposal? can it happen?