Inter Milan's manager, Stefano Pioli, made it clear today to Atletico Madrid manager Diego Simeone today that he is the one who is managing the Italian club at the moment after the Argentine said recently that he would one day manage the club.
No offense taken
Pioli outlined that he is "extremely determined" to follow on towards his objectives with Inter and assured the press that he was not offended by Simeone's comment about the futuer if the club's management.
"The reality is, I believe, that I train Inter and he trains Atletico Madrid. Between us, we have to focus on our own work. That's all there really is to think about," said Pioli ahead of his side's game against Sparta Prague in the Europa League.
Inter Milan's struggles
The Italian, who signed with Inter on the 8th of November, says that his side "has the potential to be very good" and win many games.
"I remain determined. We played poorly against Napoli (a game they lost 0-3) but in the games previous to that we did many positive things."
Simeone has a year and a half left on his current deal when he is expected to leave Atletico Madrid for pastures anew. He restructured his deal last summer, which reduced the length of his contract and he is expected to leave the club after one season in their new stadium.
Te recomendamos en English
- International Soccer Mexico 2-3 Ecuador summary: score, goals, highlights, exhibition match
- MLB Braves vs. Astros commentary, scores, stats and updates: World Series Game 2
- WORLD NEWS La Palma volcano, live updates today: eruption, tsunami warning and latest news | Canary Islands
- NFL Report: Cardinals DE J.J. Watt could miss rest of season
- NFL Who plays Thursday night football?
- NBA Lakers outclassed in Oklahoma in a night of NBA surprises