L'Equipe snubs Madrid in team of Champions League group stages
The French newspaper didn't name a single player from Real Madrid or city rivals Atletico in their ideal XI of the Champions League group stages. Messi and Iniesta did make the side however.
French newspaper L’Equipe has published its team of the Champions League group stages, in which not one player from Real Madrid is named.
Real Madrid finished second in Group B behind Borussia Dortmund after conceding a late equaliser to the German side at the Bernabéu on Wednesday night (something which could conversely work out in Madrid’s favour).
The L’Equipe evelen, which is based on players’ average match ratings, includes Barcleona’s Lionel Messi and Andrés Iniesta.
L’Equipe’s team of the group stages
Kasper Schmeichel (Leicester), Sidibé (Mónaco), Glik (Mónaco), Bonucci (Juventus), Alaba (Bayern Munich), Gundogan (City), Iniesta (Barcelona), Messi (Barcelona), De Bruyne (Manchester City), Silva (Mónaco), Kun Agüero (Manchester City).
Recommended in English
- LIGA MX Atlas to face Pumas UNAM in the semi-final
- PRIMEIRA LIGA Covid-hit Belenenses SAD hammered by Benfica in forfeited game
- JUVENTUS Juventus confirm police probe into Serie A club's transfer dealings
- SOCCER Which players have won the most Ballons d'Or?
- BALLON D'OR When did Cristiano Ronaldo win his Ballon d'Or awards? Seasons and stats
- BALLO D'OR When did Messi win all of his Ballon d'Or awards? Seasons and stats