German police have seized hundreds of ecstasy tablets in the shape of FC Barcelona’s badge at German customs in the city of Cologne.
Along with the pink-coloured pills depicting the Catalan club’s crest, there are also a number of pills pressed with the logo of Italian car brand, Porcshe. The German Customs Investigation Bureau are investigating the matter.
Earlier this year, a drug expert with the Advisory Council on the Misuse of Drugs (ACMD), reported that ecstasy pills are increasingly being marketed with child-friendly logos, including Darth Vader, R2D2, Mickey Mouse, as well as teddy bear tablets.
The expert told The Guardian that said she doubted illegal drug manufacturers were actively trying to “entice children into a web of drug addiction”. It was more likely an attempt to appeal to the retro-kitsch market popular among young people.
Recommended in English
- NATURAL DISASTERS Why do tsunamis happen in the Pacific Ocean?
- ENVIRONMENT Earth's sixth mass extinction has begun according to scientists
- TENNIS Djokovic could be spared three year Australia entry ban
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: $200 Social Security, tax return, Child Tax Credit, Golden State payment...
- NFL NFL Playoff Bracket: Who will play who in the Divisional Round?
- TENNIS Djokovic banned from Australia for three years, federal government confirms