Ana Ivanovic has told her fans on social media that she will be “sharing something important” on Wednesday at 6pm.
The announcement stoked immediate talk of the Serbian tennis star’s retirement. Ivanovic, 29, is currently ranked 65 in the world after reaching a career high of world number one in 2008, when she also won her only Grand Slam title at the French Open.
Ivanovic had a low-key 2016 season, suffering first-round losses at Wimbledon and the US Open, while she failed to reach a WTA final and dropped out of the top 50 for the first time since 2010.
She decided not to play again in 2016 after her exit at Flushing Meadows and had been struggling with a wrist injury in the second half of the season.
Marriage to Schweinsteiger
In July, Ivanovic married her partner, Manchester United midfielder Bastian Schweinsteiger.
Te recomendamos en English
- NBA Not time to panic, but LeBron's Lakers could use some help
- AMERICAN RESCUE PLAN Why is Sen. Ron Johnson proving unpopular during the Senate stimulus check debate?
- PREMIER LEAGUE Chelsea and Liverpool heading in different directions after champions ruthlessly exposed
- LEBRON JAMES LeBron releases first sneak-peak photos of new Space Jam movie
- US NEWS Can I get the child tax credit or the child care tax credit, and what are the differences?
- 2021 TAX FILING How to check your adjusted gross income for tax filing and the third stimulus check