Ana Ivanovic has told her fans on social media that she will be “sharing something important” on Wednesday at 6pm.
The announcement stoked immediate talk of the Serbian tennis star’s retirement. Ivanovic, 29, is currently ranked 65 in the world after reaching a career high of world number one in 2008, when she also won her only Grand Slam title at the French Open.
Ivanovic had a low-key 2016 season, suffering first-round losses at Wimbledon and the US Open, while she failed to reach a WTA final and dropped out of the top 50 for the first time since 2010.
She decided not to play again in 2016 after her exit at Flushing Meadows and had been struggling with a wrist injury in the second half of the season.
Marriage to Schweinsteiger
In July, Ivanovic married her partner, Manchester United midfielder Bastian Schweinsteiger.
Recommended in English
- SOCIAL SECURITY What should I do if I lose my Social Security card?
- UNITED STATES Martin Luther King, Jr Day: is it national holiday? Why is it celebrated today? Origin & meaning
- MARTIN LUTHER KING JR DAY Supermarkets opening hours on Martin Luther King Jr Day: Walmart, Costco, Target...
- Martin Luther King Day 2021 Banks opening hours on Martin Luther King Jr Day: Chase, Wells Fargo, Citibank
- NFL Buccaneers injuries: Wirfs out with sprained ankle
- NFL The Cowboys lose to the 49ers on a bizarre final play