ATLÉTICO DE MADRID
Manchester United to woo Griezmann and Saúl with 170 million euro offer
According to the Times, if they qualify for next season's Champions League, United will be prepared to meet both player's buy-out fees.
Manchester United are planning to table a mammoth 170 million euro offer for Atlético pair Antoine Griezmann and Saúl Ñíguez, according to claims in today's Sunday Times. The figure corresponds to the sum of both players' buy-out fees.
United's ambitious plan to lure two of Atlético's stars players to Old Trafford depends on them qualifying for next season's Champions League, a competition they failed to qualify for this season. The team currently sit sixth in the Premier League table, but just three points off the final Champions League berth, now occupied by Tottenham on 39 points.
Thei interest in Saúl is well known, although the player turned down the chance to join United last season, instead renewing with Atlético until 2012. His buy-out stands at 70 million euros. Griezmann has also been linked, and like Saúl, he renegotiated a new contract, taking him to 2021, with a retention fee set at 100 million euros. The French forward recently won the 2016 Ballon d'Or Bronze award presented by France Football.
- Roque Mesa1007Passes
*Update 1 de enero de 2017
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS How can I register to vote in New Jersey?
- USMNT Christian Pulisic is ‘really suffering’ after ankle injury setbacks
- MLS Landon Donovan rejects the Real Salt Lake managerial job
- SOCCER Barcelona close to agreeing new Ansu Fati contract - Koeman
- NBA Milwaukee Bucks 21/22: roster, new signings, cuts and trades
- NBA Los Angeles Lakers 21/22: roster, new signings, cuts and trades