Sevilla were left furious with the referee Mateu Lahoz in the 3-0 Copa del Rey loss to Real Madrid on Wednesday evening.
The Andalusian side fiercely protested two of Madrid’s goals in the first half: Varane’s header and then the penalty decision which led to James Rodríguez’s second.
Mariano push, or James collision?
The away team were incensed that the referee didn’t blow up for a foul just prior to Varane’s headed effort from a corner, believing that Morata had fouled Rami in the play leading up to the goal.
Sevilla’s second complaint came when defender Marino was adjudged to have pushed Luka Modric in the box. The visiting players surrounded the referee claiming the Croatian’s fall was caused by teammate James Rodriguez and not Mariano, although TV replays proved inconclusive.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL 49ers vs Eagles: San Francisco win 17-11 in gruelling game
- OTHER SPORTS Oleksandr Usyk vs Anthony Joshua: A fight for the ages
- WOMEN IN SPORTS Women athletes urge Supreme Court to protect abortion rights
- AFGHANISTAN Why are Afghan women judges in hiding in Afghanistan and how are they being protected?
- NFL Dolphins QB Tagovailoa “day-to-day” after Sunday’s rib injury
- NFL Detroit Lions 17 vs 35 Green Bay Packers summary: score, stats, highlights | NFL Week 2