Eibar claim penalty and offside for Saúl's goal in Ipurua
Sime Vrsaljko appeared to handle the ball in the area but nothing was given, then Saúl looked to be offside when he opened the scoring for Atlético.
Eibar players were left incensed after first being denied a penalty and then seeing a dubious goal allowed to stand in against Atlético Madrid on Saturday.
The home side claimed a spot-kick when Atlético defender Sime Vrsaljko appeared to handle the ball in the area while on the turf, leading to furious protests by Eibar striker Sergi Enrich.
In the second controversial decision, Saúl looked to be offside when he got on the end of a Filipe Luis cross to nod home Atlético’s opening goal. However, the match officials did not rule it out and the visitors took the lead in the 54th minute.
Antoine Griezmann added a second later in the game to bring his Liga drought to an end.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021: summary, results and medal count - 29 July
- GOLD CUP Mexico vs Canada, Gold Cup semi-final: how to watch - times, TV, online
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 medal count updates: who has won more? Tally by country, today, 29 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES | GYMNASTICS Simone Biles suffers twisties: What are they? How do they affect gymnasts?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | BASKETBALL Tokyo Olympics: Luka Doncic 'dominating the Games like no player in 30 years'
- OLYMPIC GAMES Golfer McIlroy praises Biles and Osaka for raising mental health awareness