Eibar claim penalty and offside for Saúl's goal in Ipurua
Sime Vrsaljko appeared to handle the ball in the area but nothing was given, then Saúl looked to be offside when he opened the scoring for Atlético.
Eibar players were left incensed after first being denied a penalty and then seeing a dubious goal allowed to stand in against Atlético Madrid on Saturday.
The home side claimed a spot-kick when Atlético defender Sime Vrsaljko appeared to handle the ball in the area while on the turf, leading to furious protests by Eibar striker Sergi Enrich.
In the second controversial decision, Saúl looked to be offside when he got on the end of a Filipe Luis cross to nod home Atlético’s opening goal. However, the match officials did not rule it out and the visitors took the lead in the 54th minute.
Antoine Griezmann added a second later in the game to bring his Liga drought to an end.
Te recomendamos en English
- RYDER CUP 2021 Ryder Cup 2021 full schedule: participants, match dates, and times
- NFL Panthers at Texans: Fantasy Start ‘ems and Sit ‘ems
- REAL MADRID Mbappé: 100 days until PSG star can negotiate with Real Madrid
- Nagelsmann on Rudiger to Bayern rumours: I'll have to see if I have any money in my wallet!
- 76ers and Doc Rivers want to convince Ben Simmons to stay amid trade talk
- MLB MLB round-up: Cardinals extend streak, Rays clinch playoff berth