Odegaard: Real Madrid starlet unveiled by SC Heerenveen
Real's Norwegian youngster Martin Odegaard has sealed a move to the Eredivisie club on an 18-month temporary deal.
Norwegian starlet Martin Odegaard has been presented by Dutch side SC Heerenveen after completing a loan switch from LaLiga giants Real Madrid.
Set to stay at Heerenveen until 2018
The 18-year-old attacking midfielder has joined the Eredivisie outfit on an 18-month temporary deal, with the option for Real to recall him this summer.
Signed in January 2015 from Stromsgodset, the then 16-year-old became Real's youngest ever debutant in a LaLiga clash against Getafe four months later.
But despite training regularly with Los Blancos' senior squad, he has mainly played for Castilla, the club's 'B' team, making 62 appearances and scoring five goals.
And with no immediate prospect of first-team football at the Santiago Bernabéu, the Norway cap has been moved out on loan to gain experience.
Odegaard "excited" to sign on at Heerenveen
Speaking at his unveiling on Tuesday morning, he said he was "very excited" to have arrived at Heerenveen, who are currently fourth in Holland's top flight.
"Real Madrid are the world's leading club and the best players play there," Odegaard explained. "That's why I decided to come here."
"It's an opportunity for me to show what I can do," he continued. "The most important thing is my development and that's why I'm here."
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Where was Gabby Petito's body found in Grand Teton National Park?
- ALFREDO RELAÑO Vinicius and Benzema to the rescue
- NFL 49ers vs Eagles: San Francisco win 17-11 in gruelling game
- NFL Quarterback injuries overshadow Week 2 NFL action
- REAL MADRID Ancelotti: “I am living my honeymoon in Madrid"
- PREMIER LEAGUE African trio at Anfield make Premier League history for Liverpool