Odegaard: Real Madrid starlet unveiled by SC Heerenveen
Real's Norwegian youngster Martin Odegaard has sealed a move to the Eredivisie club on an 18-month temporary deal.
Norwegian starlet Martin Odegaard has been presented by Dutch side SC Heerenveen after completing a loan switch from LaLiga giants Real Madrid.
Set to stay at Heerenveen until 2018
The 18-year-old attacking midfielder has joined the Eredivisie outfit on an 18-month temporary deal, with the option for Real to recall him this summer.
Signed in January 2015 from Stromsgodset, the then 16-year-old became Real's youngest ever debutant in a LaLiga clash against Getafe four months later.
But despite training regularly with Los Blancos' senior squad, he has mainly played for Castilla, the club's 'B' team, making 62 appearances and scoring five goals.
And with no immediate prospect of first-team football at the Santiago Bernabéu, the Norway cap has been moved out on loan to gain experience.
Odegaard "excited" to sign on at Heerenveen
Speaking at his unveiling on Tuesday morning, he said he was "very excited" to have arrived at Heerenveen, who are currently fourth in Holland's top flight.
"Real Madrid are the world's leading club and the best players play there," Odegaard explained. "That's why I decided to come here."
"It's an opportunity for me to show what I can do," he continued. "The most important thing is my development and that's why I'm here."
Te recomendamos en English
- EL CLÁSICO Barcelona vs Real Madrid possible starting line-ups
- SOCCER Barcelona's Piqué talks to El País about retirement, Messi, Clásico
- PREMIER LEAGUE Cristiano Ronaldo vows to silence critics and win trophies at Manchester United
- LIGUE 1 Marseille vs PSG: times, TV and how to watch online
- MLB Dodgers vs. Braves commentary, scores, stats and updates: Championship Series
- WORLD NEWS La Palma volcano, live updates today: eruption, tsunami warning and latest news | Canary Islands