Real Madrid team news for Copa del Rey: Mariano and Morata
Los Blancos looking to defend their 3-0 lead in the Copa del Rey - while also avoid defeat to stretch their unbeaten record - and Zidane rests and rotates once again.
Real Madrid have announced the starting line-up for the second leg of the Copa del Rey last-16 clash against Sevilla. Zidane's rest-and-rotate policy continues with several of the usual names missing, some through injury.
As we reported yesterday, left back in the Spanish capital is Cristiano Ronaldo (who was also rested for the first leg) and Luka Modric to rest, while Isco and James have muscular problems. With Los Blancos looking to defend their 3-0 lead - while also avoid defeat to stretch their unbeaten record - Varane and Benzema will start on the bench. Young striker Mariano gets his chance to shine in attack alongside Morata.
The XI that will take to the Sánchez Pizjuán field for Real Madrid are: Casilla; Danilo, Ramos, Nacho, Marcelo; Lucas Vázquez, Kroos, Casemiro, Asensio; Morata, Mariano.
For Sevilla: Soria; Mercado, Rami, Lenglet, Escudero; Sarabia, Iborra, Kranevitter, Correa; Vietto, Ben Yedder.
Tonight's referee is Undiano Mallenco.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL Rodgers taunts Bears fans: "All my f****** life I own you" after Packers win
- NFL Browns QB Mayfield dislocates shoulder again but expects to play Thursday
- SERIE A Johan Vásquez scores in his Serie A debut with Genoa
- REAL MADRID Benzema has his eyes set on this year's Ballon d'Or
- SOCCER | REAL MADRID Mbappé looks to follow Ronaldo's path at Real Madrid
- NBA Simmons returns to 76ers practice, will play 'when he's ready'