Cope: Ronaldo as a striker with Vázquez and Asensio up front
The Spanish radio network reported that Morata will be on the bench with Casilla, Marcelo, Varane, Ramos, Danilo, Casemiro, Kroos and Modric to start.
According to Spanish radio network Cadena Cope, Cristiano Ronaldo will play as a centre forward against Celta in the Copa del Rey on Wednesday night with Marco Asensio and Lucas Vázquez in support. Ronaldo is set to make his first appearance in the cup for two years after being rested in previous rounds.
That will leave Álvaro Morata, who started both games against Sevilla in the previous round, on the bench along with first choice number nine Karim Benzema and Mariano, who has made four appearances in the cup, mostly from the bench, and scored four goals.
Zidane to field strongest midfield
Kiko Casilla will continue to keep goal in the domestic cup competition while Cope also reported that the rest of the team will be comprised of Marcelo, Raphael Varane, Sergio Ramos and Danilo in defence with Zinedine Zidane fielding his first-choice midfield of Casemiro, Toni Kroos and Luka Modric for the first leg match in the Bernabéu.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Robert Lewandowski's priority is Real Madrid
- QATAR 2022 What cities and stadiums will host the 2022 FIFA World Cup?
- PREMIER LEAGUE United's Pogba: 'We deserved to lose and need to find the problem'
- BARCELONA Dani Alves opens door for sensational Barcelona return
- NFL How does the salary cap of NBA teams work? Trades, extensions, minimum veteran salary
- MLB Houston Astros take Game 1 over Boston Red Sox in ALCS