Griezmann responds to Manchester United rumours: "This is my house here!"
The Atletico Madrid striker made the cry of allegiance following his second goal against Athletic Bilbao on Sunday, apparently denying reports that he's set to join Manchester United.Manchester United v. Manchester City live online
Amid reports linking him with a big-money move to Manchester United this summer, Antoine Griezmann gave a clear indication of where he believes his future lies during Atletico Madrid’s 2-2 draw with Athletic Bilbao on Sunday.
After scoring in the 80th minute – his second of the game – to salvage an away point in San Mames, the French striker make a direct and deliberate beeline for the nearest TV camera and declared “C'est ma maison ici!" (“This is my house here”), in an apparent response to rumours over a possible transfer to the Premier League.
Last week, The Independent reported that Man United's approach for the Atletico Madrid forward could involve a world-record breaking fee following several months of talks. The UK paper also claimed that Griezmann is “extremely keen” on a switch.
Diego Simeone only added further fuel to the fire on Wednesday when the Atleti boss said he wouldn’t block a deal between Jose Mourinho’s side and the 25-year old.
The video of Griezmann’s goal and declaration of allegiance to Atletico is only available to users in Spain
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: USA, Caeleb Dressel gold and WR in 4x100 medley, medal count, results, today 1 August
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check and child tax credit live updates: can it be passed in August? dates, tax return, opt-out...
- NFL Zimmer "frustrated" as 3 Viking QBs sit out practice due to covid-19 protocols
- GOLD CUP 2021 Mexico's CONCACAF 2021 Gold Cup squad: key absentees
- MLB Rays beat Red Sox to move top; Mets win in Báez debut
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 medal count updates: who has won more? Tally by country, today, 1 August