Griezmann responds to Manchester United rumours: "This is my house here!"
The Atletico Madrid striker made the cry of allegiance following his second goal against Athletic Bilbao on Sunday, apparently denying reports that he's set to join Manchester United.Manchester United v. Manchester City live online
Amid reports linking him with a big-money move to Manchester United this summer, Antoine Griezmann gave a clear indication of where he believes his future lies during Atletico Madrid’s 2-2 draw with Athletic Bilbao on Sunday.
After scoring in the 80th minute – his second of the game – to salvage an away point in San Mames, the French striker make a direct and deliberate beeline for the nearest TV camera and declared “C'est ma maison ici!" (“This is my house here”), in an apparent response to rumours over a possible transfer to the Premier League.
Last week, The Independent reported that Man United's approach for the Atletico Madrid forward could involve a world-record breaking fee following several months of talks. The UK paper also claimed that Griezmann is “extremely keen” on a switch.
Diego Simeone only added further fuel to the fire on Wednesday when the Atleti boss said he wouldn’t block a deal between Jose Mourinho’s side and the 25-year old.
The video of Griezmann’s goal and declaration of allegiance to Atletico is only available to users in Spain
Te recomendamos en English
- UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS Unemployment benefits: can self-employed workers qualify for a new round of payments?
- BOXING Anthony Joshua vs Oleksandr Usyk: fight card, TV & how to watch online
- OTHER SPORTS Anthony Joshua vs Oleksandr Usyk: how much does the winner make?
- NFL Stafford give Rams slight edge in blockbuster Bucs clash
- NBA Clippers chief unsure if Kawhi Leonard will play this season
- NBA NBA denies Warriors star Wiggins' request for covid-19 vaccination exemption