PSG forward Jesé Rodríguez is not keen on a loan move to Middlesbrough to play on loan under his former assistant boss Aitor Karanka until the end of the season as he believes it will take him too long to adapt to the Premier League.
Surplus to requirements at PSG
Jesé is surplus to requirements at the Parc des Princes for the remainder of this season but PSG will be happy to have him back in the summer if he can stage a rapid recovery in his fortunes elsewhere: the Ligue 1 champions forked out 25 million euros for the former Real Madrid forward last summer and given his stock has plummeted since his move to Paris the club holds out little hope of recouping much of that fee.
Jesé also wants to prove his worth and earn a place in the club’s plans for next season and therefore believes a return to a club in a league with which he is familiar is in everybody’s best interests.
Las Palmas are keen to bring Jesé in on loan and a return to his native island is the player’s preferred move but despite the forward agreeing to a pay cut to force the move through the Liga club’s budget is not large enough to cover the cost.
“He is a player we would love to have and he wants to come because it is the ideal place for him to get back to being the player he was at Real Madrid,” said Las Palmas president Miguel Ángel Ramírez. “A few teams in the Premier League are willing to pay his full salary, something which we can’t do. We have made every effort possible but we can’t cover his wages and that is what’s complicating the deal. The player is doing everything he can to come to Gran Canaria. We’ll just have to see what happens.”
Recommended in English
- MLB Why is the MLB close to a lockout? What are the key issues?
- NFL Where does the Dallas Cowboys - New York Giants team rivalry comes from?
- NFL Who has the biggest NFL rivalry?
- US NEWS What services are likely to stop during a government shutdown?
- SUPREME COURT ABORTION CASES Supreme Court on Roe v Wade live updates: arguments, Abortion Law, Mississippi...
- NFL Who are the 10 best Dallas Cowboy players of all time?