Barça cast off Halilovic joins Las Palmas on loan from Hamburg
Halilovic spent the 2015-16 campaign on loan at Sporting Gijon, where he played regularly and helped them avoid relegation, before being sold to Hamburg last year.
Croatia's youngest ever international Alen Halilovic has joined Las Palmas on loan until the end of next season in a bid to revitalise his promising career after failing to establish himself at Hamburg SV.
"Las Palmas and Hamburg have today agreed a loan deal for Croatia international Alen Halilovic until the end of the 2017-18 season," the club, who are 11th in La Liga, said in a statement on Thursday. "In the loan contract the club reserves an option to buy the 20-year-old."
The playmaker made his Croatia debut aged 16 in 2013 and then signed for Barcelona from Dinamo Zagreb on a four-year deal.
He spent a single season at the Nou Camp, predominantly playing for the club's reserve team in Spain's second tier.
Halilovic spent the 2015-16 campaign on loan at Sporting Gijon, where he played regularly and helped them avoid relegation.
Barcelona sold him to Hamburg last year for a fee reported to be 5 million euros ($5.35 million), although the Catalans retained a 10-million-euro buy-back clause.
He only made one Bundesliga start for the German club, who have spent most of the campaign fighting a relegation battle.
Recommended in English
- US NEWS What will be included on President Biden's executive order on the risk of cryptocurrencies?
- Cryptocurrency How much has Bitcoin devalued since its all-time high?
- NFL Bengals vs Chiefs unveils a new historic rivalry
- NFL Bengals vs Chiefs, 49ers vs Rams: AFC, NFC Championship Game previews
- NFL NFL Power Rankings: Chiefs, Rams and Niners
- NFL Kelce key to Kansas City's playoff success