Jesé Rodríguez unveiled by Las Palmas after sealing loan move
The former Real Madrid forward has joined the LaLiga club until the end of the season from Ligue 1 champions Paris Saint-Germain.
Jesé Rodríguez was officially unveiled by UD Las Palmas on Tuesday evening after completing a loan switch to the LaLiga side from Paris Saint-Germain.
The 23-year-old forward, who is from the region, joins the club until the end of the season after a disappointing six months at the Ligue 1 giants.
Ex-Real Madrid man setting sights on Europe
Jesé - handed the number 10 shirt at Las Palmas - was paraded before almost 10,000 fans at the Estadio Gran Canaria following the deadline-day move.
And having had made just nine league appearances for PSG this term, the Real Madrid youth product declared: "I've come here to play and to improve as a player.
"I've come here to give my all and fight tooth and nail for the dream that we have - I want to help us try all together to get into Europe."
Only interested in joining Las Palmas
Jesé had also been a target for other European clubs - particularly Premier League side Middlesbrough - but said his heart was set on Las Palmas.
"My thoughts were always very clear," he explained. "If I left PSG, it would only be to return to my home club."
Recommended in English
- MLB Why is the MLB close to a lockout? What are the key issues?
- NFL Where does the Dallas Cowboys - New York Giants team rivalry comes from?
- NFL Who has the biggest NFL rivalry?
- US NEWS What services are likely to stop during a government shutdown?
- SUPREME COURT ABORTION CASES Supreme Court on Roe v Wade live updates: arguments, Abortion Law, Mississippi...
- NFL Who are the 10 best Dallas Cowboy players of all time?