Atlético Madrid

Lucas Hernández released from court

The player had been arrested on suspicion of assaulting his girlfriend in the early hours of Friday and appeared in court this morning. It's not known whether he has been charged.

0
Lucas Hernández detained on suspicion of domestic violence

Lucas Hernández released from court

Lucas Hernández has been released from court. He had been arrested on suspicion of assaulting his girlfriend and appeared in court this morning. It's not known whether he has been charged. He left without making a statement.

Lucas Hernández detained on suspicion of assault

Lucas Hernández leaves court with his lawyer.

Lucas Hernández arrested on suspicion of assaulting his girlfriend

Atlético Madrid player Lucas Hernández was detained at his home in Las Rozas, near the Spanish capital, early on Friday morning on suspicion of assaulting his girlfriend, according to the Spanish Civil Guard. The police went to the house after receiving a phone call from the woman in question. Lucas Hernández did not resist being arrested. His girlfriend was taken to hospital for treatment.

Lucas Hernández's girlfriend also detained

Sources close to the investigation told EFE that the Civil Guard also arrested Lucas Hernández's girlfriend on suspicion of assault, however she was released soon afterwards.

Both Hernández and girlfriend "had mild injuries"

According to the sources, both the player and his girlfriend had mild injuries. She was taken by ambulance to hospital where she was treated and discharged. Investigating officers are waiting for the medical report to determine the extent of the injuries.

According to Spanish radio station Cadena Ser, Lucas Hernández was in an inebriated state at the time of the incident.

Lucas Hernández released from court

The French player appeared in court accused of domestic violence, a charge which is generally fast-tracked through the legal system. He was later released from court, and left the court house in the company of his lawyer. It is not known whether he has been charged.

Prosecutor's asked for restraining order

Prosecutors had asked for mutual restraining order, applying to both Lucas Hernández and his girlfriend until the case comes to trial or is otherwise resolved.

The alleged victim has not filed charges against the player. Sources at the Civil Guard said that they had no record of any previous complaints being filed against the player for abusive behaviour.