Spanish radio network Cadena SER has reported that the Spanish Football Federation (FEF) has turned down a request from Alavés to postpone the Copa del Rey second leg match against Celta scheduled for February 8. Therefore the fixture will go ahead as planned at Mendizorrotza at 21:00 on Wednesday.
Formal request after Celta - Real Madrid called off
Alavés had made a formal written petition on Monday to the FEF asking for the game to be rescheduled on the basis that the Basque side will be at a disadvantage after Celta’s league match against Real Madrid in Vigo on Sunday was called off due to the storm front battering the north of Spain. Alavés’ fixture against Sporting in Gijon on the same day went ahead.
Recommended in English
- US NEWS What has Biden said about Justice Breyer's replacement on the Supreme Court?
- SIGA SIGA Global Mentorship Program creating the next generation of female leaders
- NFL How many Super Bowls have the San Francisco 49ers won?
- NFL Chiefs fans donate $223K to Buffalo hospital to mark win vs Bills
- NBA Statue of Kobe and Gianna Bryant erected at crash site
- NBA Giannis admits Cavs deserves greater respect after Bucks win