Napoli midfielder Piotr Zielinski on Real Madrid's radar
Reports in Italy state that the Poland international midfielder is a target for the Bernabéu, who will face competition from Liverpool and Chelsea.
Piotr Zielinski is one of the hottest properties in Europe at the moment. The 22-year-old Napoli midfielder has attracted covetous glances from across Europe and among his potential suitors are Real Madrid.
€70m release clause
Napoli youngster Piotr Zielinski has already caught the eye of top European clubs, according to Il Corriere dello Sport. pic.twitter.com/udEEtDmkuv— RumorsTransfers 24/7 (@rumorstransfers) 7 February 2017
Reports in Italy state that the Bernabéu board are keen on signing the Poland international but there are two major obstacles to any deal: a minimum release clause of 70 million euros and the interest of Premier League clubs Liverpool and Chelsea.
Serie A career
Zielinski started out in Poland at Zaglebie Lubin and was snapped up by Udinese in 2012. From there he spent two seasons on loan at Empoli and caught the eye of Napoli scouts, eventually joining the Azzurri in the summer of 2016. Zielinski has since become a key member of the side, playing in 22 of the 23 Serie A fixtures this season to date, scoring twice and teeing up six assists.
Mainly an attacking midfielder, Zielinski is also able to play in the centre of midfield and on the right wing. Madrid will be able to have a closer look at Zielinski next week when Napoli visit the Bernabéu in the Champions League.
Recommended in English
- SOCIAL SECURITY What should I do if I lose my Social Security card?
- UNITED STATES Martin Luther King, Jr Day: is it national holiday? Why is it celebrated today? Origin & meaning
- MARTIN LUTHER KING JR DAY Supermarkets opening hours on Martin Luther King Jr Day: Walmart, Costco, Target...
- Martin Luther King Day 2021 Banks opening hours on Martin Luther King Jr Day: Chase, Wells Fargo, Citibank
- NFL Buccaneers injuries: Wirfs out with sprained ankle
- NFL The Cowboys lose to the 49ers on a bizarre final play