The doubts are beginning to form in the Netherlands about Martin Odegaard, the young Real Madrid player on loan at Herenveen until June 2018.
Odegaard unbalances Herenveen
"Of course he's a good player, but he unbalances the Herenveen side" argues Leo Driessen in his opinion column for RTL News.
"Herenveen still haven't won with Odegaard in the starting line up, and they've been knocked out of the Cup", Driessen continues, in his analysis of the Norwegian's first few games for his new club.
So far Odegaard has played the final minutes against ADO Den Haag, half an hour against PSV, and has been in the starting line-up since.
Odegaard's five games at Herenveen
|14/01/2017||Eredivisie||Heerenveen-ADO Den Haag||2-0||1'|
|25/01/2017||Copa holandesa||AZ Alkmaar-Heerenveen||1-0||90'|
Sacrificing tactical discipline
Driessen accuses coach Jurgen Streppel of sacrificing the tactical discipline of the side to include Odegaard.
"With Odegaard teh team has a player who, like Larsson and Zeneli, wants the ball, and to do something with it. Streppen has a problem. He wants to attack, but he also needs to look after the team's balance", says the journalist.
Solution to Herenveen's problem
This Sunday, against AZ Alkmaar could see Herenveen and Odegaard discover a solution. "Larsson is suspended [having been sent off] and Odegaard [on his own] could take a big step forward", concludes Driessen.
Te recomendamos en English
- Latest News CBS News confused about location of La Palma volcano
- GAMING PlayStation State of Play 27 October 2021: Times and how to watch and stream
- SOCCER | BAYERN MUNICH Bayern Munich: Lucas Hernandez avoids jail time
- NBA | NUGGETS Nuggets optimistic NBA MVP Jokic's knee injury is not serious
- NBA NBA round-up: Westbrook and Davis lead LeBron-less Lakers to OT win, Warriors stay unbeaten
- NBA | LAKERS Westbrook: "I'm not used to people cheering for me on the road"