The polemic surrounding Ukrainian international Roman Zozulya's proposed move from Real Betis to Rayo Vallecano has reached German football stands.
Last night during Bayern Munich's DFB Pokal (German Cup) game at home to Wolfsburg, fans in the south stand displayed two banners. The first was in English bearing the message: "Throw nazis out of football" followed by a message in Spanish: "Zozulya Vete Ya" (Zozulya go now).
The ultras fraction of Bayern Munich have known left wing political leanings and the banners were attributed to the Schickeria group who are renowned for their messages of a political persuasion in the past.
Recommended in English
- NBA Juancho recalls tough times at Boston: "There was no room for me"
- NFL PFWA selects three Chiefs for All-Rookie Team Honors
- Soccer Real Madrid's Rodrygo wants World Cup glory with Brazil
- AFCON Mané taken to hospital after head injury blow at AFCON
- NFL Lakers 106 vs. 96 Nets summary: stats, scores, and highlights | NBA
- MLB Big Papi only player elected to Hall of Fame