Iñaki Williams has a contract at San Mamés running until 2021 but has said that if he does have to leave the club amid interest from Dortmund, Liverpool and Juventus, he will be “completely up front” with Athletic, who he joined in 2012 from Pamplona.
“There are a lot of rumours going around but I’m relaxed about it. If other clubs are looking at me it’s because I’m doing well. I’m very lucky. If I had to leave Athletic tomorrow I’d be completely up front with the club. They have given me everything. I don’t want a change of scenery, that’s my preferred option at the moment,” Williams said during an interview with Sportium.
"I'm where I want to be"
The Bilbao-born forward, who was capped by Spain last year, has a minimum release clause of 50 million euros. “This is my home,” he said of Athletic. “I have a contract. The first thing I would do is talk to the president, who has always been great towards me. I’m where I want to be. I love the club, my teammates and the city, as do my family. I feel valued personally and professionally, which is important. Playing for Athletic is a great honour. The club has a lot of history and is one of the big clubs in Europe.”
Recommended in English
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: $200 Social Security, tax return, Child Tax Credit, Golden State payment...
- NFL Cardinals 11 vs. 34 Rams summary: scores, stats and highlights | NFL Playoffs
- NFL Raiders part ways with general manager Mike Maycock
- NFL The insufferable Superb Owl jokes: a rant
- PACO GENTO 1933-2022 Real Madrid legend Paco Gento passes away aged 88
- AFCON Salima Mukansanga to lead all-female officiating AFCON line-up