Aleix Vidal suffers horrific ankle injury in Barça win over Alavés
As Theo Hernandez slid for the ball, Vidal's ankle got caught under his body and as he looked down, he realised all was not right with his ankle severely misshapen.
Aleix Vidal was forced from the field on a stretcher and was transported to a hospital in Vitoria to undergo tests and possible surgery on his ankle during the Alavés game that they won 6-0 on Saturday afternoon. The right-back was having an excellent game for Barcelona when he got caught under Theo Hernandez' body in a harmless challenge. As Vidal grabbed at his ankle after the tangle, he realised all was not right and immediately signaled for a stretcher. The referee soon arrived, had a look and did the same along with Iniesta and his Barcelona teammates.
Awaiting news on the injury
As we await the official Barcelona statement on the injury, the general sentiment of the players and manager Luis Enrique suggests the news might be bad. Enrique said, "We really regret the injury to Aleix Vidal. We hope that it's not too serious" and Theo Hernandez apologised to Vidal and said he was on the way to check up on the player.
Barcelona might have a problem at right-back as vidal's season could be over and Sergi Roberto is the only defender in that position in the squad. The transfer window is closed and Barcelona have a hectic few months ahead of them.
Recommended in English
- GLOBAL NEWS How much money has baby shark made?
- ALFREDO RELAÑO Francisco Gento, ‘The Gale of the Cantabrian Sea’
- NFL Seahawks fire defensive coordinator Ken Norton Jr.
- NFL Joe Burrow: Winning playoff games the standard to meet for the Bengals
- NFL What is Aaron Rodgers' record against the 49ers?
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid's big question: how to fit Erling Haaland and Kylian Mbappé into the same team