Santi Mina will learn gravity of his knee injury on Monday
The striker was examined by doctors in Paterna this morning. The initial diagnosis is a sprain but more tests will be run tomorrow.
Santi Mina will find out tomorrow how serious the injury which he suffered to his left knee in yesterday's game against Betis really is. The Galician was forced to quit the game, in tears, on 63 minutes and was replaced by Simone Zaza. He spent most of this morning with Valencia doctors at the club's training ground in Paterna. However, medical staff decided to wait until tomorrow when hopefully the inflammtion to the player's knee has subsided to run more extensive tests, including an MRI scan.
Initially, doctors think the forward has sprained one or more of the knee ligaments but they want to get a more detailed picture of what is going on inside the knee to be able to rule out any serious injury. Whatever the final diagnosis, Santi Mina will almost certainly have to sit out Valencia's next two games - at home to Athletic Club next Sunday and away at Alavés the following Saturday.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: Caeleb Dressel 100m swimming, medal count, results, today 29 July
- Stimulus Checks $1000 stimulus check for educators: how to claim it if I haven't received it
- US NEWS Disgraced USA Gymnastics doctor, Larry Nassar has received $2,000 in stimulus checks
- LA GALAXY ‘Chicharito’ Hernández to miss his sixth consecutive MLS game due to injury
- Olympic Games | Gymnastics How tall and what age are the USA gymnasts?
- OLYMPIC GAMES Who is Jade Carey, the US gymnast replacing Simone Biles at the Olympics?