Roberto Canella scored what could prove to be a crucial goal in Sporting Gijón's bid for LaLiga survival on Sunday, his second-half strike setting the 18th-placed side on their way to a 2-0 victory at fellow strugglers Leganés.
His 67th-minute effort - which found the net with the aid of a fumble from keeper Iago Herrerín - was followed by a fine late finish by Burgui as Rubi's men moved to within two points of their hosts, who sit one spot above the relegation zone.
Canella's goal awarded to Gómez in ref's report
But as things stand, Canella's goal (his first of the league season) isn't officially his - because referee Xavier Estrada Fernández has given it to team-mate Moi Gómez!
Estrada Fernández's match report from the week 22 clash clearly shows that the opener at Butarque has been awarded to ex-Villarreal and Getafe man Gómez.
Given the significance of Sporting's win over their direct rivals, however, Canella is unlikely to be overly concerned about whose name appears in the record books.
Te recomendamos en English
- EMMY AWARDS What's the difference between an Emmy and an Oscar award?
- US NEWS Body found in Wyoming fits the description of missing 22-year-old Gabby Petito
- NFL Cleveland Browns safety Ronnie Harrison Jr. fined for a push
- NFL Kansas City Chiefs 35 vs Baltimore Ravens 36 summary: score, stats, and highlights | Week 2
- NFL The New Orleans Saints slump to defeat against Carolina Panthers
- NFL NY Jets QB Zach Wilson throws 4 interceptions in loss to Patriots