Follow the Manchester City - Mónaco live | Champions League
Manchester City's Brazilian striker Gabriel Jesus suffered a broken metatarsal in Monday's 2-0 win over Bournemouth, the Premier League club confirmed on Tuesday.
The 19-year-old, who came off after 15 minutes of the game, could face a long layoff but City gave no time frame and said further examinations of the metatarsal would determine how long the absence was likely to be.
Season may be over for striking sensation
Such an injury could potentially rule the player out for the rest of the season.
The teenager has scored three goals in five games since his debut following his move from Palmeiras and was included this month in City's Champions League squad for the knock-out stages.
City, currently second in the Premier League but eight points behind Chelsea, play Monaco at home on February 21 before the away leg on March 15.
Te recomendamos en English
- LABOR NEWS Will Wisconsin's child labor reform bill become law?
- NFL Tom Brady sets record with 600th touchdown pass
- MLB How many times have the Atlanta Braves and Dallas Astros won the World Series?
- NFL How and where to watch Bears vs. Bucs
- NFL New York Jets vs New England Patriots summary: score, goals, highlights | NFL today
- NFL Chicago Bears 3 vs 38 Patriots summary: score, stats, highlights | NFL Week 7